Friday, December 23, 2011

Infographics

I'm rather partial to infographics or 'data visualisation'. In the right hands, an infographic can make complex information accessible and interesting. This blog post not only contains links to a number of really useful tools for the creation of infographics, but also made me realise that their scope is so much wider than I had imagined. Better world flux in particular caught my interest: it has the potential to be a fabulous tool for teachers of the social sciences and geography. Sadly I couldn't get the website to run in any of the recommended browsers. Their demo video here shows the potential of the tool (ignore the over-production); hopefully the website will be more accessible to you than to me.

And just in case you think infographics is just a fancy name for a poster, take a look at this one explaining the population explosion.

No comments:

Post a Comment